Hai after long time I am posting my recipe n hope I will post my recipe daily. This is simple n for a change of daily breakfast r snack dish. Now a days where ever we go to any restaurant they are saying tava idly, tava vada, tava bonda.
So today my dish is tava idly. It’s a combination of spicy powder n idly n will take only 5 mins.
We can prepare this dish with leftover idlys also. Morning we prepare idly n some idly will be left for sure. For me it’s common. So I used to prepare this tava idly.
I am giving maximum time but usually it takes 5 to 7 total time.
Preparation time : 5 mins
Cooking time : 5 mins
Total time : 10 mins
• Leftover idly : 4
• Onions medium : 1
• Fried Bengal gram powder : 2 tsps
• Ghee : 2 tsps.
• Chop onions finely n keep aside.
• Heat tava (or) pan a add chopped onions.
• Add ghee n fried Bengal gram powder (senagapoppu podi).
• Let it fry for 1 min n add idlys let it fry for 1 min.
• Turn over n cut idlys into pieces on tava (or) pan n mix well n remove from flame.
• Tava idly is ready to serve.
U can see fried Bengal gram powder in my earlier recipes.
U can use any powders u like. Once I used only jeera n coriander powder. It’s taste good.