Hai all thanks for following, liking, sharing n commenting on my blog. This recipe is combination of curd, onion, green chilli n tomatoes.
This will be good combination from r biryanis, pulaos, rotis n even in plain rice.This is easy n tasty recipe.
This is famous in all regions n in some families this will be there in their daily menu.This is different from restaurants style which we get with biryanis.
Preparation time : 7 mins
Cooking time : 10 mins
Total time : 17 mins
• Curd : 500 GMs
• Onions : 2
• Green chillies : 3
• Garlic : 4-5 pods
• Tomatoes ripped : 2
• Turmeric powder : ¼ tsp
• Salt to taste.
FOR TAMPERING :
• Oil : 1 tbsp.
• Bengal gram dal : ½ tsp
• Black gram dal : ½ tsp
• Mustard seeds : ¼ tsp
• Cumin seeds : ½ tsp
• Curry leaves : 6-7
• First whisk the curd add salt n mix well keep aside.
• Chop onions, garlic n green chillies finely.
• Chop tomatoes n keep separately.
• In heated pan pour oil n add all tampering ingredients.
• When tampered items start spluttering add chopped onions, garlic n chillies.
• Add turmeric n salt( for onions) stir n place a lid reduce flame to medium.
• Stir occasionally till the onions turn golden brown colour.
• Add chopped tomatoes n stir n place the lid.
• Stir occasionally until tomatoes r cooked n oil starting oozing from the onions.
• Remove from flame n keep aside to cool.
• When onion mixture came to room temperature add this to whisked curd n mix well.
• Buttermilk stew ( majjiga Charu) is ready to serve.
While adding salt to onions remember that u already added salt to curd. U r adding salt just to cook onions fastly.Don’t add onion mixture when it is hot to curd ur curd taste may turn to sour taste.