Hai all thanks for liking, following n commenting on my blog. Today recipe we can use for all south Indian breakfasts. This is combination of ground nuts, green r red chilies, small piece of coconut. This recipe is good combination for idly, all types of dosa, upma, Pongal, vada, etc.
There are so many chutneys for breakfast n snacks. I will share my 4-5 varieties which I prepare on daily bases in my coming recipes.
If u go to famous restaurants in south India u will be having this chutney compulsory.
Preparation time : 7 mins
Cooking time : 5 mins
Total time : 12 mins
• Ground nuts : 2 cups
• Green chilies : 4-5
• Fresh r dry coconut : ¼ c
• Cumin seeds : ½ tsp
• Tamarind piece : 2 inches
• Fried Bengal gram : ¼ cup
• Salt to taste
• Oil : 1 tbsp
• Black gram dal : ¼ tsp
• Bengal gram dal : ¼ tsp
• Mustard seeds : ¼ tsp
• Cumin seeds : ¼ tsp
• Curry leaves : 6-7
• Heat the pan n pour oil. Add ground nuts n fry.
• When spluttering starts take them from oil n keep aside.
• In same pan add green chilies n cumin seeds n when chilies start spluttering add coconut (if fresh cut into small pieces), tamarind n fried Bengal gram dal.
• Remove from heat n place it in mixer jar n add salt.
• Grind it into fine chutney.
• In same pan heat n add all tampering ingredients. when start spluttering remove n add to chutney.
• Breakfast chutney ready to serve.
When we fry groundnuts n other chilies, tamarind, coconut n fried Bengal gram in oil. After frying oil should be in on only. Separate all ingredients from oil n that oil we can use for tampering.