Hai all thanks for liking, following n commenting on my blog. This dish is a combination of chicken, onions, n masala.
So many people prefer bones I will post that recipe some other time. This dish I learnt from my family. I like boneless chicken n the ingredients I use will be in our home.
I will use onions half paste n half priced to get the gravy. N masala for me I use all if u want less gravy then use 3 tbsp n remaining store in airtight container n keep in freezer. I use some coriander leaves at starting so that it will add good aroma to chicken.
This recipe will be good in rice, chapatti, dosa n roti’s.
Preparation time : 30 mins
Cooking time : 30 mins
Total time : 1 hrs.
Chicken boneless : 500 GM’s
Onions medium : 4
Green chilies : 4
Garam masala : 1 tsp
Red chilly powder : 2 tsp
Cloves : 4
Bay stick : 3 ( 1 inch)
Cumin seeds : 1 tsp
Mint leaves : 7-8
Coriander leaves : 2 tsp
Curry leaves : 5-6
Salt to taste
Oil : 2 tbsp
Ghee r butter : 1 tbsp
For marination :
• Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
• Red chilly powder : ½ tsp
• Ginger garlic paste : 1 tbsp
• Curd : 1 tsp
• Salt : 1 tsp
For masala :
• Dry r fresh coconut : ½ cup
• Coriander seeds : 2 tbsps.
• Sesame seeds : 1 tsp
• Poppy seeds : 1 ½ tsp
• Cashew nuts(optional) : 5-6
• Cloves : 4
• Cinnamon : 2
• Cardamom (optional) : 2
• Wailong(Marathi mogha) : 1
• Star anise : 1
• Mace (japathri) : 1
• Clean the chicken n marinate n keep aside for 30 mins.
• In meantime finely chop 2 onions. N coarsely cut 2 onions.
• Cut chilies into 1 inch pieces.
• Grind all masala ingredients into fine paste using little wwate( the paste should be thick) n keep aside.
• Heat kadai pour 2 tbsp oil n add cinnamon stick, cloves, cumin seeds when cloves start splutter add curry leaves, mint leaves, half of coriander leaves.
• Then add finely chopped onions n green chilli pieces.
• Stir n in medium flame place a lid n cook till it colour changes to pink.
• Now add onion paste n salt for onions n stir n cook till raw smell leaves.
• Add marinated chicken stir n place the lid. The full cooking should be in medium flame.
• Stir n when water comes out of chicken fry for 5 mins. Now add ½ cup of water.
• Sit n place the lid n allow chicken to cook.
• When chicken is all most cooked then add masala n stir n place the lid.
• After 5 mins remove the lid stir n add red chilly powder n garam masala n stir n place the lid.
• After 2 mins remove the lid n increase the flame n add ghee n start stirring continuously till the gravy thickens n oil starts coming out.
• Garnish with remaining coriander leaves.
• Ur boneless chicken gravy fry ready to serve.
If u don’t like onions raw paste the first fry all the onion pieces n make a fine paste.
At ending while u increase flame to high stir continuously so that the chicken will not burn at under other wise chicken will get Burt smell.
If u want curry instead of ½ cup water add 2 cups of water.
Add water according to type of chicken.