Hai all thanks for liking, following n commenting on my blog. This sweet is liked by all ages n famous south Indian sweet.
This is a combination of Maida, curd, ghee n sugar.We have to be careful when we r preparing this this other wise the badhusha r balushahi won’t cook in the middle n the they will be hard.
We have to be careful from starting i.e from dough mixing we Gould gently rub n mix. We should not knead dough just we have to mix n we have to cover dough at least 15-20 mins with wet thin cloth.
First I saw this in a TV show n I prepared it. IT came exactly what we get in sweet shops so juicy will we eating badhusha.
Preparation time : 20 mins
Cooking time : 25 mins
Total time : 45 mins
• Refined flour (maida) : 1 ½ cup
• Cooking soda : ¼ tsp
• Yogurt (curd) : 3 tbsp
• Sugar : 2 cups
• Ghee : 2 tbsp
• Milk : 2 tbsp
• Ghee for frying
• Sieve flour n cooking soda together.
• Add 2 tbsps. of ghee into flour mixture n rub till it resembles bread crumbs.
• Add curd n mix into a soft dough.
• Cover with wet cloth n allow to stand for 15 mins.
• Divide into small portions n shape into smooth balls.
• Take care will making smooth balls don’t over work on them.
• In mean while in kadai take 2 cups of sugar n 1 cup of water n boil till it reaches two string consistency.
• Make a slight dent in the center of the ball with thumb.
• Heat ghee in medium flame when it heated low the flame n drop dented balls into ghee.
• If u see ghee is too hot then remove from flame n place a dosa pan n on it pace ghee kadai.
• So that ur badhushas cook evenly. The process should be done on low flame.
• When badhusha started floating on ghee remove n keep aside.
• Add milk to cooking sugar syrup so that the scum rises to the surface.
• Carefully remove scum n discard.
• Remove syrup from heat n soak fried badhushas in it.
• Wait for 10 mins till badhushas absorb sugar syrup.
• Gently remove badhushas from sugar syrup.
• Badhushas r balushahis r ready to serve.
Sometimes when we boil sugar the colour of sugar syrup changes so at that time if we add milk then remove scum from syrup then our sugar syrup will be of normal colour.
Sometimes when we drop badhushas in oil they become puffy then no problem when u put badhushas in sugar syrup on low flame stir occasionally after few mins gently press them then u will get the perfect badhushas.