Hai all thanks for liking following n commenting on my blog. This is one of my favourite pickle. It is seasonal pickle. It is easy to prepare. At the time of winter we will get fresh red chillies.
Usually we will get green n dry red chillies. Green we will get through out the year. But ripped we won’t get. It will get in winter n that is the right time for ripe chillies n from drying them under sun for days we will get dry red chillies. Our area is famous for chilies.
There is popular for chilies that name is Guntur mirchi. There mirchi r famous n export quality mirchi will get from there. There so many pickles with ripped chillies. In end of winter these pickles will be prepared n stored throughout the year.
Now this pickle we can prepare in winter n can store for 2 r 3 months. We can say instant pickle. This picks is made by ripped tomatoes n ripped red chillies.
This pickle we can eat in rice. I use this pickle in o many ways. I will share them.
• Mix one spoon of curd for three spoons of this pickle. This will be good combination with idly n dosa n even vada.
• In masala dosa first u can speed ¼ tsp of this pickle on dosa n then a spread aloo r upma it will be enhance ur masala dosa taste.
• I use this for rice n noodles as schezwan. This will be good .
• This will give good taste when mix with rice n one spoon of ghee.
Prearation time : 20 mins
Cooking time : 30-40 mins
Total time : 50-60 mins
• Ripped red chillies : 500 GM’s
• Ripped tomatoes : 1 kg
• Oil : 1/4 cup
• Tamarind : small lemon size
• Garlic pod’s : 50 GM’s
• Mustard powder : 1 tsp
• Fenugreek (methi) powder : ¼ tsp
• Salt to taste.
For tampering :
• Oil : ¾ cup
• Bengal gram (Channa dal) : 2 tbsps
• Black gram (urad dal) : 2 tbsps
• Mustard seeds : 1 tbsp
• Dry red chillies : 2
• Curry leaves : few
• Remove stem from chillies n wash n keep aside.
• Wash tomatoes n cut into 4 pieces n keep aside.
• Take a thick bottom kadai r vessel add tomatoes n chillies.
• Keep the vessel r kadai on medium flame.
• Add ¼ cup oil n 3 tbsps of salt mix well. Place a lid.
• Stir occasionally so that nothing will stick to bottom.
• After 5 mins add tamarind n ¼ tsp turmeric powder n place lid again.
• When the chillies n tomatoes pulp getting thick stir continuously so that the pulp won’t stick to bottom.
• Add garlic pod’s n when oil start leaving remove from flame n keep aside.
• When the pickle cools down transfer the whole in mixer jar n grind into fine paste. We added salt at time of cooking. Now we have to be careful when adding salt.
• Heat a kadai add oil n all tampering’s expect curry leaves. Stir n when splitter add curry leaves.
• Add grained pickle n in low flame mix n cook for 4 mins.
• Ripped red chilli tomato pickle is ready .
• Store in air tight container n keep in refrigerator.
While cooking when pulp getting thick stir continuously so that the pulp will not stick to bottom because if it gets stick we will get burn smell n pickle will be slightly bitter in taste.
After tampering cook pickle for 4 mins so that if any water remains it will evaporates n pickle remains long time with out spoiling.
When pickle removed form flame keep the vessel placing lid in cold water so that it cools down in 10mins u can grind it then.