Hai how r u all. Today I have a word to my bestie that I will post Vada r cutlet. I said I will post what I tried but what I am thinking is first posting what I learnt from my family. Then I will go to what I tried by seeing others. Getting bored na just few more words then I will start recipe. Today I am giving starter which I learnt from my mother-in-law n she learnt from her mother-in-law. She is awesome cook n now what we cook varieties are from her recipient book. So this dish is in my home from past 60 years.
Preparation time : 15 mins
Cooking time : 15 mins
Total time : 30 mins
Serves : 4
- Raw bananas : 2
- Onions medium : 1
- Green chillies : 3
- Ginger garlic paste : 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder : 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala : 1/4 tsp
- Besan (gram flour) : 2 tbsp
- Mint : 10 leaves
- Coriander : 1 r 2 tsps
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- Boil bananas till tender.
- Keep oil in kadai n keep it on low flame.
- Meanwhile cut onions in small pieces.
- Slit green chillies n cut in small pieces.
- Finely chop mint (Pudhina).
- Finely chop coriander.
- Now Pell boiled bananas.
- Take a bowl put peeled bananas.
- Mash bananas and add all the ingredients except gram flour.
- Mix well.
- Now add gram flour for binding n to form as a dough.
- Now make the dough as small round balls n press gently by keeping the ball in ur palm as cutlets.
- Test the oil boiled r not by leaving small piece of banana mixture.
- If mixture comes up immediately then oil is boiled if not wait for some more time.
- Leave cutlets in oil.
- Increase flame to medium n fry both sides.
- As cutlets turn golden brown colour remove it on tissue paper.
- Leave for some time to absorb the excess oil to tissue paper.
- Platter the cutlets n serve.
Any doubts u can ask me.