Hai all. Thanks for liking, following n commenting on my blog. All cook this recipe for special occasions. This sweet dish prepared with rice, yellow moong dal n jagerry. I used to prepare Pongal both sweet n spice. I cook both rice n dal n separate into 2 parts n mix jagerry for one part n pepper for other. But after that I learnt how u make chakkara pongal separately.
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 15 mins
Total time : 25 mins
• Rice : 1 cup
• Yellow moong dal : ¼ cup
• Ghee : ½ cup
• Dry coconut pieces : 6-7
• Cashew nuts : 6-7
• Cardamom powder : 1 pinch
• Water : 2 cups
• Fry dal on low flame till aroma comes.
• Keep dal n rice add water ( measurement given in ingredients) in pressure cooker.
• After 2 whistles remove n keep aside.
• Grate jaggery. Take vessel add jagerry n lil water( till jagerry dips).
• Keep in low flame n stir till jagerry melts add cardamom powder n remove from flame.
• Fry cashew nuts in ghee n keep aside.
• Mean while remove pressure cooker lid.
• Add jagerry syrup mix.
• Add melted ghee mix n last add fried cashew nuts n mix.
• Chakkar pongal ready to serve.
While mixing be gentle. Chakkara Pongal should not break. It should be shinny dry. Shinny will come with ghee.