Hai all. Thanks for liking, following n commenting on my blog. This recipe is combination of cashew, onions n dry coconut masala paste. In restaurants u will see cashew curry in menu n most of the people likes that but my dish is not restaurant style. Only few people know about this dish. In very occasion if it’s vegetarian then this dish will be in my menu.
Actually this dish will prepare with raw cashew nuts. These cashews will get in summer n that to in April to may ending. In June we will get cashew fruit. The cutting of raw cashew shell is most difficult n for removing we have to were gloves for hands other wise our palms skin will be peeled off. But once we taste that curry we will forget every pain we faced.
Those will get where the cashew crops r there. In Andhra Pradesh there r some areas where we have cashew crops. In those one of the place is near Ongole. There we get export quality n the taste will be best when compared to other areas. Some people they store these raw cashew by removing shell n drying under sun.
I tried this dish with cashews what we get in market. N I got the taste similar to the raw cashews curry. So from then I am preparing this dish. There r two methods to get regular cashews to raw cashews. One method is we have to soak cashews over night. N second one is just soak 5 mins in hot water n pressure cooker up to 7 whistles. According to ur time u can manage any method.
I am giving second one recipe if u want first one recipe the preparation time will be different. You have to add over night soak time of cashews.
This recipe is good in palov, roti n white rice.
Preparation time : 15 mins
Cooking time : 40 mins
Total time : 55 mins
• Cashew nuts : 250 GM’s
• Onions medium : 3
• Green chillies : 3
• Ginger garlic paste : 1 tsp
• Mint leaves : 5-7
• Tomato small : 1
• Turmeric powder : ¼ tsp
• Chilli powder : 1 tsp
• Coriander leaves : 1 tsp
• Cloves : 4
• Cinnamon sticks : 3 (1 inch)
• Salt to taste
• Oil : 2 tbsp
For masala :
• Dry coconut powder : 2 tbsp
• Coriander seeds : 1 tsp
• Poppy seeds : ¼ tsp
• Nut mug : 1
• Mace(japathri) : 1
• Sesame seeds : ½ tsp
• Cloves : 5
• Cinnamon : 2(1 inch)
• Cumin seeds : 1 tsp
• Soak cashew nuts in hot water for 5 mins.
• Then add soaked cashew nuts in pressure cooker n add 2 cups of water in medium flame cook until 7 whistles.
• Mean while take all masalas into murex jar n grind into fine paste.
• Finely chop onion’s. Chillies into inch pieces r just slit chillies.
• Cut tomato into small pieces.
• Heat kadai add oil n add cloves, cinnamon sticks and cumin seeds.
• When started spluttering add mint n curry leaves.
• Add Chilli pieces n onions. Add turmeric n salt little for onions.
• Stir n place a lid on kadai n allow to cook in medium flame.
• Now remove whistle from pressure cooker n strain cashew nuts n keep aside.
• When raw smell gone from onions add ginger garlic paste n stir place a lid.
• Add tomato pieces stir n place a lid when tomato softens add boiled strain cashew nuts.
• Stir gently n place a lid. Add salt n stir.
• Add 2 cups of water now don’t stir. Take kadai n rotate gently in circular motion.
• If u want to stir be gentle n careful other wise cashew nuts breaks.
• When cashews r ¾ cooked means when u taste cashew it must be lil hard in middle compare to ends.
• Add masala paste n stir gently. After five mins add chilli powder.
• Stir n place a lid when oil started coming out remove from heat.
• The gravy will thickens more after cooling down. Add coriander leaves.
• Cashew nuts curry ready to serve.
While cooking be gentle while stirring because cashew nuts will break.