Hai all. Thanks for liking, following n commenting on my blog. Kheer r payasam basically prepared for poojas r special occasions. But for carrot kheer u have no need to wait. This is easy n tasty n everyone will ask u again n again.
This recipe is combination of carrots, milk, sugar r basic ingredients. These we will have in our home daily. I like carrots raw but boil I won’t eat n the boil smell I can’t carry. When first my mother in law said about this dish I said I will prepare but I won’t have it as I can’t stand boil smell of carrots.
My mother in law said u won’t get any smell n u will drink more than any other in home. I prepared but I didn’t drank. By pressure I drank n trust me I drank 2 glasses at a time. From that time this became my favourite. Any occasion r any family get together I prepare this.
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 20 mins
Total time : 30 mins
• Carrots medium : 6
• Milk : 500 GM’s
• Sugar : 200 GM’s
• Saffron : ½ tsp
• Ghee : 1 tsp
• Cashew powder : 2 tbsp
• Cardamom powder : ¼ tsp
• Peel n cut ends of carrots.
• Boil carrots keep aside.
• In 3 tsps of milk ad saffron mix n keep aside.
• Boil milk n add sugar stir till sugar dissolves.
• Take boiled carrots in a mixer jar n grind into fine paste.
• In a pan add ghee n carrot paste fry till the raw smell goes off by stirring continuously.
• Add cashew powder n cardamom powder mix n keep aside.
• Strain milk so that the layer of the milk will be taken off completely.
• Add saffron milk n mix well.
• Add fried carrot paste to milk stirring constantly so that the milk will not break.
• Hot carrot kheer is ready to serve.
If u don’t like cashew powder then add almonds (peeled) powder. If u don’t want both then u can avoid both n can make pure carrot kheer.